Monday, April 18, 2005

Wildlife: A literal cloud of shining, dark blue swallows were gobbling insects over the lake yesterday afternoon between alternating squalls and sunlight.



Visit: A Tale of Two Movies

Charity Alert: The Animal Rescue Site

In The Community: An adaptation of Anton Chekov's The Seagull , set in pre-WWI Montana instead of pre-WWI Russia, is playing at my college. I had NOTHING to do with it, except for a TV interview with David Ackroyd, the director, but I'm making lotsa Mormon Cricket/Seagull jokes!
The penultimate Honors Symposium for 2005 is this Wednesday -- Dr. Karen Adams, political science professor from the U of M in Missoula on The Dollars and Non-sense of Defense Spending.

Media Watch: I'm reading The Future As History from 1960 -- pretty optimistic in it's opening statements, but accurate in it's observation that actual events can be depressingly surprising, when people expect something else.
Most of the TV shows I saw this weekend were concerned with home repair and design. That %$#@! master bathroom of mine is still %$#@!ed up! My attempts to fix it just made things worse, too. I wish the television could do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment