Friday, October 21, 2005

Wildlife: The Seeley/Swan Valley was foggy. but I drove very carefully. I only saw one scrawny blackish squirrel and one deer at the far end of Seeley Lake.



Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!


Weather: The weather was perfect for driving once I got out of the Seeley/Swan Valley -- sunny and dry.

Charity Alert: The Hunger Site Click to help six charities.

In The Community: Road Trip! I got five Winold Reiss pictures home to Bozeman. There's only one left -- and it's bound for Jackson Hole in the early A.M.
After I checked into my hotel, I rested for a couple of hours. When I woke up and went to dinner, I saw B.B. King sitting in a wheelchair in the corridor outside of my room, and said "Hello, Sir."
WHAT!? B.B. KING!? That's right -- he was performing near Bozeman that night, so I scurried off to see him. I hope he returns to the hotel before I turn in -- I'd love his autograph. (Update -- no, I didn't see him again, but I had a nice talk with members of his band. Thanks for YOUR autographs, guys.)

Media Watch: Actually, I mean listen -- in the car I grooved to Beethoven's Symphony #9, with Ode to Joy, and Van Cliburn performing Tchaikovsky's Concerto #1 in a 1958 recording -- the piece that made him an international star. Rimsky-Korsakov's Concerto #2 fills the rest of Van Cliburn's CD, and it's nice -- not as thundering a piece, but that's a relief.


Riley (B.B.) King live onstage during his 80th Birthday Tour
Bozeman, Montana Oct. 21, 2005
Photo by Michael Evans, posted 10/24/05

No comments:

Post a Comment