Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Wildlife: Two Bald Eagles sighted over Middle Foy's Lake yesterday -- maybe they're going to nest again this winter.



Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!

Weather: Cold, but sunny -- it snowed about half a millimeter on my deck last night.

Charity Alert: The Hunger Site Click -- just click, to trigger contributions from their sponsors. If I can convince just ONE other person to do it regularly, I'll be happy!

Media Watch: I have to finish the two books I have on interlibrary loan -- Dancing in the Vortex; The Story of Ida Rubinstein by Vicki Woolf (2000 Harwood Academic Publishers). This author is an actress like Ms. Rubinstein, and furnished some remarkable details of her life. and Ida Rubinstein, A Theatrical Life by Michael de Cossart (1987 Liverpool University Press). His extensive research into public and private archives in France and England seemed to lay the foundation for the later biography, and likely saved the career of this remarkable person from obscurity.


Portrait photo of Ida Rubinstein,
Dancer & Impressario
circa 1920-30, artist unknown

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:47 AM

    Michael, I have specified your blog to be my homepage. Not only do I get to read your comments and thoughts now on a regular basis but it is also really convenient now to click on the Hungrysite everyday.

    (-:

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That's quite an honor!
    Since you're going to click for charity, that makes me happy indeed.
    I'll try to be worthy of your "first glace" when the Internet opens.

    ReplyDelete