Thursday, May 04, 2006

No clouds in the "Big Sky" this morning. About a dozen Yellow Headed Blackbirds are visiting us regularly, mixing their screeches in with the sweet songs of the Red Wings.

Modern Dance at: Theater X-Net




Featuring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
NEW! Spitfires of the Spaceways
Watch Dale Arden rescue Flash Gordon for a change!

Charity Alert: Keep that resolution in Springtime too! Click on The Hunger Site every day.

Welcome to the Blog: A surfer from Duluth, Georgia clicked in for a few seconds yesterday, and clicked out on MY PICTURE. Day-um! Why don't 'ya look at all those lissome lasses I post here every week instead?

Media Watch: There was a report on NPR this morning about "Hip Replacements." I know we all get less hip as we get older -- I don't own a cell phone or an Ipod. I take my digital photos with a CAMERA, and use a MAP to locate myself geographically. I usually can't name the latest Country singer under their latest hat. I can't tell Faith Hill's cleavage apart from Shania Twain's, except for the color of their hairstyles. (The video cuts are so fast I never catch a look at their faces.) I can't name ANY of the Pussycat Dolls, but I bet their manager has a hard time too. I spell Eminem like candy, and wonder how you can Get Rich or Die Trying with only 50 Cents. I thought the biggest-selling video game right now was Lord of the Rings, but it turned out I was watching a movie instead of sitting behind a a kid pretending to be in Middle Earth -- sure fooled me. I even thought that Goths were BARBARIANS rather than BOHEMIANS. When I further researched replacing my hipness, it turned out that they were talking about my HIP -- operating on my upper Femur or coating my Pelvic socket with Titanium. I guess it was time to visit one of those Espesso shops NPR was talking about in another story and wake up -- the Coffee Garden I patronized in Salt Lake City, Utah was FULL of Goths -- the modern kind.



My own Gothic Construction -- Amalgamated images of Chartres Cathedral (background), the number one so-called Gothic edifice, built by French people in the Middle Ages. A modern Gothic Madonna (center), a modern Gothic Madam (right), and a friend from Salt Lake -- photographer/editor Angela Brown (left) as a modern Gothic Belly Dancer. The ORIGINAL Goths were indirect ancestors of mine who collaborated in the dismantling of the Roman Empire between 360 and 560 A.D. in Southern Europe, and helped populate Scandanavia with rampaging, thieving Vikings in the North.

No comments:

Post a Comment