Tuesday, October 23, 2007

GUH-roh-sssss! My sewer line backed up in the basement. Tree roots clogged the exit pipe. It's fixed now. Luckily, I caught the blockage early, and it could have been much worse, but I still have a few hours of disinfecting and clean-up ahead of me.

Sitemeter Sez: A visitor from Moscow, Russian Federation -- looking for the wonderful Tove Janssen's Notes from an Island. They missed the direct link to my source -- David McDuff's Blog. READ READ READ!

REAL SLC Punk, not the movie, at: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Ida's Places in Paris -- from my first jet-lagged day by the Seine.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
Spitfires of the Spaceways
Wilma Deering & Dale Arden to the rescue; Bodacious Princess Aura I; Hapless Aura II; The fiery Emperor Ming; The Orson Welles Rumor Debunked; and BOTH incarnations of Jean Rogers!





Thanks to Jim Keefe (Visit his Website) -- the LAST Flash Gordon illustrator of the 20th Century, and Flash's first illustrator of the 21st, for his recommendations -- HERE!

Charity Alert: Keep that Resolution to click on The Hunger Site every day. Also check into Terra Sigilata blog -- donate $$$ to cancer patients just by clicking onto the site.

In The Community: Reception for Donna Gans and the Autumn Salon on Thursday, October 25 at the Hockaday Museum of Art! I saw Marshall Noice at the hardware store and personally thanked him for hosting the Orphan Art auction at his gallery for the museum's benefit.

Media Watch: Real Books -- I have my hands on Moominpapa at Sea the masterwork by Tove Janssen. Yeah, it's a children's book, and part of a series of children's books, but it is so well-written, and so unconventional that I have no hesitation in calling it a masterwork. Read as a companion piece to A Summer Book, it resonates with the deepest yearnings and emotions of humankind. I also mentioned the Moomin comic strip on this blog a few months ago -- much as I love comics, I can't recommend the English translations as anything more than a curiosity -- much like Lyonel Feininger's Kin-der-Kids. Maybe they had something special about them in Finnish, I don't know.
Trash A Go Go -- the choreographers had a pretty fun night. Those who worked with their celebrity partner's strengths looked great on National TV -- Tony and Jane; Max and Mel; Edyta and Cameron. "Cheetah Girl" Sabrina was so outstandingly good that Chief Judge Len Goodman said Your main strength is that you have no weaknesses. He had a valid criticism about their routine, though. Marie Osmond's on-air fainting spell was worrisome. I'm also getting REAL tired of seeing Donnie -- he ain't even a contestant! BTW -- that uncaring sports team owner has gotta go, plus I've HATED the very concept of Sydney Sheldon's degrading I Dream of Jeannie since I was a teenager -- I glad Kym Johnson had a sense of humor about their stupid dance.

Theater/Theatre: Let's go for the REAL THANG!
MUSIC DANCE Overtoom 310 – Amsterdam, Friday October 26th, 21.00 Entrance Euro 5 (9 PM, about 8 bucks)

Music: Andy Moor, Terrie Ex, Alfredo Genovesi, Arvind Ganga, Arnold de Boer, Mark Morse (6 electric guitars)
Dance: Makiko Ito, Katie Duck, Sania Strimbakou, Kay Patru, Michele Rizzo, Manuela Tessi


Hmmm -- Six male electric guitarists and six women dancing! Sounds more like the Twelve days of Christmas rather than a Pre-Halloween show. Let me tell you that Katie was a nasty Rock N' Roller when she was cuttin' loose.


My friend Katie Duck dancing with Makiko Iko, Eileen Standley, and Cyber-pal Justin Morrison in scenes from a video available on justinmorison.net. There's Justin taking off his jacket and swinging it around, then Katie taking off her skirt and swinging it around ... and then ... well, they're still wearing lots of clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment