Thursday, November 27, 2008

I'm 59 years old, but I didn't think I'd live to see this day, because I caught a head cold the other night which damn near killed me. I'm NOT having turkey dinner, I'm NOT going to Calgary this weekend to see Bollywood movies, all because I'm SICK and contagious.

Sitemeter Sez: Visitors from Sarnia, Ontario; Toronto, Ontario; Huntington Beach, California; Gijn, Spain; Quebec City, Canada; Redmond, Washington (used to work there); NYC, New York; Pleasantville, New York; Matane, Quebec; South Orange, New Jersey; Kingston, Ontario; Moscow, Russia; Esfahan, Iran; Sacramento, California; Cleveland, Ohio; Omaha, Nebraska; Montreal, Quebec; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Courtenay, British Columbia; Springfield, Missouri; El Paso, Texas; Hooksett, New Hampshire; Calgary, Alberta (I should be on my way there, but I'm NOT); Los Angeles, California and Seal Beach, California.

New revisions at: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Ida's Places in Paris -- from my first jet-lagged day by the Seine.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
NEW --Launching NOW! Outre Space Cinema -- Featuring: 1930's Rocketry, Spitfires of the Spaceways and Cellulose to Celluloid, Flash Gordon in the Saturday Matinees and Sunday Comics.





Many thanks to Jim Keefe (Visit his Website) -- the LAST Flash Gordon illustrator of the 20th Century, and Flash's FIRST illustrator of the 21st, for including my efforts on his Flash Gordon Resources Page -- along with actual creators like Alex Raymond, Al Williamson, and others!


Charity Alert: Play the FreeRice Game -- improve your vocabulary, and donate food to the United Nations. Check into Terra Sigilata blog -- donate $$$ to cancer patients just by clicking onto the site. Keep that Resolution to click on The Hunger Site every day. BTW -- AIDtoCHILDREN.com is a bit simpler than FreeRice Game.

In The Community: The Hockaday Museum of Art's Autumn Salon, with 116 pieces on display. We also have Crown of the Continent and Ace of Diamonds gracing our walls. Looks like the art run to Eastern Montana in December is being revised again.

Media Watch: Trash A Go Go gave their cheezy mirror-ball trophy to Brooke Burke and Derek Hough -- EXCELLENT! They were the best all the way this season, in my humble opinion. I was surprised when Lance Bass took third, behind Warren Sapp. If it was due to the fan-factor, then NFL players have it over Pop Stars. Derek's sibling Julianne Hough announced that she was skipping the next season, which considering her recent hospitalization, makes sense. If she wants to move her Country Music career beyond "novelty act," she has a lot of work to do, plus the breaks still need to fall her way. Nashville is as cruel and cold as Hollywood in every way.

My parting words today are directed towards Mumbai (Bombay), India -- a centuries-old beacon of civilization and culture. The posh center of this city of 18 million people was attacked by squads of gunmen over the last two days, and over a hundred people have died in this useless act of terrorism. The identities of the perpetrators are still unknown, as is the reason for the slaughter. All I can say is that my prayers are with every good-hearted person there -- especially my friend Puja who works at the Indian Embassy.

Taking your mind off of trouble ...

A digitally-altered image of traditionally-trained dancer and Bollywood movie star Madhuri Dixit, representing the lightness and beauty of the made-in-Bombay movies I enjoy watching.

1 comment:

  1. Another great charity site is AIDtoCHILDREN.com. It donates money to children in need through World Vision.

    Check it out at http://www.aidtochildren.com

    ReplyDelete