Monday, July 02, 2007

Another fine summer day! The Mallards in the Slough range in size from about six inches to almost 18 inches. It about time to take the canoe out there.

Footbarn's Celebration of Theatre: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Ida's Places in Paris -- from my first jet-lagged day by the Seine.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
Spitfires of the Spaceways
UPDATED! Wilma Deering and Dale Arden to the rescue -- plus Princess Aura II

Charity Alert: Make a resolution this Summer to click on The Hunger Site every day.

In The Community: The Hockaday Museum of Art on Sunday -- that's my lot this summer. It was mellow, so I was able to lay some groundwork for a very busy upcoming weekend. Jeff Wilson is coming DOWN!

Media Watch: I haven't had Cable TV since I moved, but I'm going to look into it next month. Broadcast TV really stinks, so I'm reviewing my VHS tapes and DVDs more than usual -- I've been doing much-needed maintenance on my Web pages too.


Shirley Deane as the anemic Princess Aura II -- except for the grin, she almost looks spitfire-ish here, as she attempts to flee an attack by Ming's soldiers in her own Forest Kingdom. She's actually paying the price of being too smug and trusting of Lady Sonja, the female spy swiped right out of Dumas' Three Musketeers. To be fair to Ms. Deane, her character had already been pacified, unsexed, and gentrified by Alex Raymond in the newspaper strip. Hollywood was just following his profitable lead in the serial. However, there's something about that Unicorn horn which might make Dr. Freud scratch his head if he ever went to see Saturday Matinees.
 
Read about Princess Aura II's misadventures HERE!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment