Monday, April 12, 2004

Weather: No rain for awhile. The sun might be good for gardening, but I hurt my back digging weeds, and the flowers are going to need more water than they're getting.

Wildlife: Turtles are sharing the log in the lake with ducks and red-winged blackbirds.

Charity Alert: The Hunger Site : Give Food for Free to Hungry People in the World Click 'em all!

Media Watch: My wife and I are still on a "Bollywood" kick -- she's using the Internet to find info on singers, songs, and actors. I'm SURE that Britney Spears' Toxic song/video stole several elements from Indian movies.
Books: Fighting Back by James Carville; Traci Lords' autobiography -- yes, I agree -- she's a hard-working, talented performer. No ifs, ands, buts, or other anatomical references about it either. World Series 100 Years -- lotsa typos, but tons of information. I liked the pages about 19th Century World Series', Negro League, and Woman's League the best, but I also enjoyed stories of the characters who play, and have played, Major League Baseball.
When I went back to the library, I noticed a LOT of books which had been featured on CSPAN's Book TV -- interesting!

Follow Up: Footsbarn Theatre premiered TWO shows over the Easter Weekend -- Tempest and Footsbarn Cabaret. Don't even THINK that it's the old Broadway play! It'll be original Footsbarn looniness.
Footsbarn - News
Come to think of it, don't expect a the literary Shakespeare either -- his spirit has been a collaborator of Footsbarn for nearly thirty years though! He and Moliere are full-fledged 'ectoplasmic members' of the company.
My friend John Kilby, Footsbarn's long-time manager, has been e-mailing me as he is able -- THANKS!
I phoned one of the original members at her home in Vancouver B.C. She's not on the Internet, so I'll use snail-mail to send her some photos from Denver in 1983 (the last time I saw them).
At the moment, I'm scanning Footsbarn pictures as a beginning to my "Theater Web." I hope to put up a website by May 1, outlining my experiences with this wonderful gathering of humanity. I'll have "How I Got There" and "Where I Went" sections to provide some structure for the rest of "Theater Web."
Besides my own groups, I'm going to include pages about other creative performing artists who I've had the pleasure of knowing over the years, like:
SKA band 004 and their post-punk scene (no Internet link -- yet!)
KRCL-FM Community radio in Salt Lake: KRCL Community Radio
The big-hearted people of Parliament-Funkadelic: George Clinton.com
The Disco Drippers: Old Review from City Search
Street Legal Theater: Street Legal Theater of Salt Lake City, Utah
They are Burning Man participants, and have some amazing aquaintances, The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus, featuring the AMAZING Philomenia (Stephanie Monseu) and her husband Keith Nelson.
Their Website: The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
An Appreciation: SIGNUM * Bindlestiff Family Cirkus * MARROW
Diect link to media downloads (High Heels & Red Noses is NICE!): Bindlestiff Family Cirkus Web Movies
Here's an exuberent one from "Knockers the Clown" in Chicago: Bindlestiff Family Cirkus
A link to "Backwashzine," with some well-written background stories. This show was on 42nd Street, where it belonged, but it ain't happening anymore, because their building is being demolished. (HEY! These guys need some gigs in the NYC area! Can anyone help?): The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus on Times Square

No comments:

Post a Comment