Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Wildlife: We saw the Bald Eagle flying over the lake again -- four Cowbirds were chasing it. HEY! Those things chase ME.

Weather: It's been overcast and occasionally stormy. I have some kind of flu, not a cold.

Charity Alert: Visit these guys, and their four other sites: http://www.thebreastcancersite.com

Media Watch: I can't concentrate when I'm sick, but I had a laugh or two watching Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

I browsed through the latest Tolkien Companion, and re-realized why nobody was interested in The Silmarillion during Tolkien's lifetime, except the old professor.
He told a much more interesting story by revealing it in the background of Lord of the Rings.
Galadriel's "long defeat" was much more poigniant as a vision of deeper things.

I started reading a book of science biographies, with interlocking discoveries being the subject of each chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment