Thursday, September 01, 2005

Wildlife: A lousy Coyote started yipping and yelling about 10 PM last night. We haven't heard one of these guys for four years or so. I was hoping the neighborhood dogs were scaring them away, but ...



Visit: A Tale of Two Movies
Watch for the Update SOON

Weather: A very pleasant early Autumn day.

Charity Alert: The Hunger Site Clicking is all you have to do to help SIX different charities.

Media Watch: We finally finished watching Ajay Devgan and Aishwarya Rai in the Bollywood movie Raincoat. It turned out to be a convoluted version of O. Henry's The Gift of the Magi. I've seen worse movies, but wouldn't recommend this to anyone either.
I'm reading In Search of Schrodinger's Cat by John Gribbin, about Quantum Mechanics, rather than Bertrand Russell's pre-WWI essays.
2005 marks the centennial of Albert Einstein's 'Miracle Year' -- 1905, the year that he published papers covering the topics of Brownian motion, the Photoelectric Effect, and Relativity -- setting down in print the famous equation E=MC(squared).

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:04 PM

    Raincoat was a nice movie and I enjoyed it. But i will recommend others to watch the movie. Subtle love play is the theme. Ash loves Ajay and help each opther secretly and also see through each others lies.Well enacted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my blog!
    Ajay Devgan and Aishwarya Rai are both fabulous actors, which is why I tried Raincoat on.
    I didn't like the way the director/writer/lyricist put the story together, that's all -- just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete