Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Wildlife: I had to dodge deer twice last night going home after dark. I'm glad I've learned to look 'WAY ahead of me when I drive at night.



Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!

Weather: The mild Autumn days continue.

Charity Alert: The Hunger Site Six charities need your clicks.

Media Watch: I re-installed my satellite TV wrong after we installed our new flooring. It looks like an interior wire was damaged during construction, so I eventually found a new way of setting it up -- we can change the channels on the TVs in both the kitchen and living room now. (As long as we don't misplace the remote control unit.)
The Colts were pulling away from the Rams when I finished, but I was too tired to watch any more -- the former team eventually won.
George Cloony was also on Charlie Rose talking about Edward R. Murrow.
The two mentioned his guts -- good point.
They mentioned his stature -- one result of his guts and good sense.
Then the bullshit began -- when they tried to name ONE current reporter with qualities like Murrow, they meandered about and failed. The conversation turned to some of the media mollusks at the New York Times and on Fox news, but those propagandists, bullies, and liars are hardly worthy of mention alongside Murrow.
He spent his last years battling lung cancer from all those funkin' cigarettes he inhaled. He was also head of the U.S.I.A. in the Kennedy/Johnson administrations, which is a propaganda organization by it's very charter. I hope the news programs it broadcasted told the truth, but I'm afraid that the integrity of he and fellow 50's luminary Adalai Stevenson was seriously compromised by the forces which sank our nation in the quagmire of Viet Nam.

No comments:

Post a Comment