Sunday, November 20, 2005

I created a new domain on the Web: Theater X-Net
Right now, it features the full illustrated story of Ida Rubinstein, a Russian beauty who became the exotic Judaic queen of Belle Epoch Theatre in Paris -- about twelve years after I found that forgotten old American-Examiner newspaper page about her at a garage sale in Spokane. (See photo below.)



Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!

Wildlife: A straggling Robin and Goldfinch dropped by the bird feeders on their way south. There was also a Hairy Woodpecker, plus a Flicker -- when the suet cages go up tomorrow, we expect more of the latter.

Weather: I'm glad I didn't have to drive anywhere this morning. There was a thin layer of ice on everything, including the roads!

Charity Alert: The Hunger Site -- Click to help make the world a little more tolerable.

Media Watch: NFL Football -- When I was in 5th grade, the AFL was a brand-new pro football league, and I enjoyed watching their pass-happy antics on B&W television. The AFL team we saw the most in those childhood days was the Oakland Raiders, so I think that's why I enjoy seeing this team win every now and then -- especially when they are less than stellar, as they've been for the last two seasons. They upset the Washington Redskins, who wanted to pull two games ahead of last-place Philadelphia in the NFC East, but didn't. I like a close game, and I liked hearing that Donovan McNabb is probably going to undergo that operation he needs -- the Eagles aren't going to the playoffs this year anyway. Pregame madness was more about the announcers this week. Frank and Jillian were only so-so in their comedy breaks. Barbarie sounded much more hoarse than usual though -- she is known for her husky voice, but she didn't sound healthy at all.
TCM showed a colorized version of Vouges of 1938 this morning, with Warner Baxter, the Ritz Brothers, and a Busby Berkeley finale. It looks like they are showing a series of Harold Lloyd movies tonight -- GOOD! I like Lloyd's "knowing" style of slapstick.


Ida Rubinstein's Life & Art at Theater X-Net

No comments:

Post a Comment