Friday, May 19, 2006

Rain is washing the dust, slash-fire smoke, and auto exhaust out of the air, plus freshening the flowers! Lilacs are blooming all over Kalispell. Cherries and Plums are in full blossom too. The eight Ducklings were paddling around this morning between squalls.

Funk Master Bernie Worrell at: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
NEW! Spitfires of the Spaceways
Watch Dale Arden rescue Flash Gordon for a change!

Charity Alert: Keep that resolution as Summer approaches! Click on The Hunger Site every day.

Sitemeter Sez: Southend-On-Sea, UK surfed in for a visit, as did Ile de France in Paris, South China (Maine, that is), and Atlanta, Georgia. Welcome all Yahoo/Google searchers and Blogspotters!

Theater/Theatre: The Bindlestiff Family Cirkus is looking for a Theater Tech/Stage manager! Here's what I wrote to them:
I already have a very involving job here in Montana, but the mere thought of seeing "The Bindlestiffs" every night made my mind wander...
Whoops! I'm back now ...
I was with an English theatre company in the 70's, and they are having their 35th Anniversary Celebration this August -- at their base in France (long story there). Well, I've decided to go -- but it's not just a get-together of old artists, they are hosting about 30 other theatre groups and musical acts from August 9 -13. They will come in from Latin America, Sub-Sahara Africa, India, and all over Europe. I'll probably be one of relatively few Americans on-site, and I'm going over for a WORKING vacation. I'm going to do lights, sound, and take as many pictures as I can shoot. It's very likely I'll find myself rigging tents, and other Cirkus Exotica again, as well -- it's going to take a lotta "grunt" to make this thing happen. Over 10,000 people are expected to turn up to see these shows too -- whew! (Attachment: an arial view of the venue.)
Here's two web links to this event, if you want to see what your distant compadres are up to:
http://footsbarn.com/35/organisation/index.en.html
http://footsbarn.com/35/programme/index.en.html

Here's a link to one of my own web pages -- I've mentioned "The Bindlestiffs" there, and digitally altered one of your pictures, located about 70% of the way to the bottom. Is that OK? (The server and content are very different from what you may have seen before.)
http://theatrex.net/theatre/index.htm
Hey! Here's an idea -- just for fun, pretend that last link is my RESUME -- would you hire me?


They wrote back: I couldn't think of a better guy to have on the road!! We can't offer you the kind of money your experience demands, tho...
They flatter me, but I LOVE it!
I think I'll send them a contribution -- gasoline prices are going to make their summer tour HARD -- whomever reads this blog and lives on the East Coast, do your best to see them.


A digital interpretation from a photo showing Ringmistress Philomena of Bindlestiff Family Cirkus keeping Sideshow Artistry alive. Check out the schedule of the Bindlestiff's Summer Tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment