Friday, May 26, 2006

Rain this morning, but it's clearing up now. Everything's green -- Firehouse Pond is getting %$#@! algae blooms already. No Canadian Geese chicks yet, but any day now ...

Funk Master Bernie Worrell at: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
NEW! Spitfires of the Spaceways
Watch Dale Arden rescue Flash Gordon for a change!

Charity Alert: Keep that resolution as Summer approaches! Click on The Hunger Site every day.

Sitemeter Sez: Seattle, Washington rode in via Yahoo! -- looking for *Tanya Memme nude* and got that page where I beat feet to Jackson Hole and back, stopping to see B.B. King, and take his picture. It looks like they read a lot of it too. Check it out HERE. *BTW -- Nude refers to theatre impressario Ida Rubinstein, and Tanya's name comes up in a later reference to Sell This House.

Theater/Theatre: I called Footsbarn Theatre in France EARLY this morning. (Yawn) Oh sorry -- fell asleep again. I spoke with Paddy Haytor, since John Kilby wasn't in, but it was GREAT! He's working on their new play, so his head isn't into the details of the 35th Anniversarry Celebration. He is certainly excited to see me, and the other ex-Footsies, this summer. I told Claire, the nice lady who answered the phone, my name was Mike Evans -- she found Paddy and told him that "Kevin" was calling from the USA. His voice was really tentative and puzzled when he spoke at first, but he recognized me in short order -- "Of course I remember YOU!" (Claire heard KEVIN instead of miKEVINs over the line.) I'm flying out on July 27, and will be back in Montana on August 16.

In the Community: I needed to wake after that experience, so I stumbled into the Montana Coffee Traders on the way to work. It was a good thing I did -- Jennifer Jameson was visiting town for the holiday weekend, and we swapped hugs and stories. She used to be a volunteer at the Hockaday Museum, and a dancer with Carol Jakes -- and what a dancer! Jennifer's performing with the fabulous Alvin Ailey Company in New York this summer.


Members of Carol Jakes' Northwest Ballet Company -- I've worked with Katy in the upper left on a Seussville production. Jennifer Jameson is in the lower left of the picture, doing her extensions at the barre. If they all look young, it's because they ARE! (Get ready for Judith Jamisson jokes, Jennifer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment