Monday, September 17, 2007

If I blog at all, it will be from Salt Lake City, Utah during the next two weeks -- I need a vacation, and I'm going there to see my family.

Sitemeter Sez: Visitors from MySpace, California, France (searching for Footsbarn), and New York.

Remembering my friend George-O at: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Ida's Places in Paris -- from my first jet-lagged day by the Seine.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
Spitfires of the Spaceways
UPDATED! Wilma Deering & Dale Arden to the rescue; Bodacious Princess Aura I; Hapless Aura II; The fiery Emperor Ming; The Orson Welles Rumor Debunked; and BOTH incarnations of Jean Rogers!
Read my latest Spitfires in Context essay.





Thanks to Jim Keefe (Visit his Website) -- the LAST Flash Gordon illustrator of the 20th Century, and Flash's first illustrator of the 21st, for his recommendations -- HERE!

Charity Alert: Keep that resolution to click on The Hunger Site every day. Also check into a blog called Terra Sigilata -- donate $$$ to cancer patients just by clicking onto their site.

In The Community: We installed Inuit: A History Told in Art at the Hockaday Museum of Art last Saturday, despite some difficulties.

Media Watch: The Chicago Symphony played Scheherazade by Rimsky-Korsakov over the radio last night while I was unpacking books and putting them on shelves -- PERFECT music for tasks like that! (Makes me forget about swearing.)
I'm not really in a hurry to watch the revised Vultan on Flash Gordon (2007) this week -- see it yourself on the Sci-Fi Network's website. (Note to future readers: This link will probably expire when this silly TV series does!)

Look What I Missed Last Summer!


The Monterey Pop Festival was as influential an event as any in the 60's and deserved a commemoration. Many of these bands had important ex-members missing who passed on over the years, left a long time ago, or retired from the music biz altogether. Moby Grape, Quicksilver, and It's A Beautiful Day were San Francisco stalwarts when the original festival took place. I notice that electric violinist David LaFlamme performed there with a renamed Day behind him -- he was an aquaintence of mine in Salt Lake (his original home town).

No comments:

Post a Comment