Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's clouding over and looks like it will RAIN! (Please let me get all those books undercover first.)

Sitemeter Sez: Visitors from Lancaster, Pennsylvania (Searching for Sal Valentino of the Beau Brummels); Oakland, California (googling my friend Elaine); Utah and Montana.

Remembering my friend George-O at: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Ida's Places in Paris -- from my first jet-lagged day by the Seine.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
Spitfires of the Spaceways
Wilma Deering & Dale Arden to the rescue; Bodacious Princess Aura I; Hapless Aura II; The fiery Emperor Ming; The Orson Welles Rumor Debunked; and BOTH incarnations of Jean Rogers!





Thanks to Jim Keefe (Visit his Website) -- the LAST Flash Gordon illustrator of the 20th Century, and Flash's first illustrator of the 21st, for his recommendations -- HERE!

Charity Alert: Keep that Resolution to click on The Hunger Site every day. Also check into Terra Sigilata blog -- donate $$$ to cancer patients just by clicking onto the site.

In The Community: I'll be at the Hockaday Museum of Art every working day for the next week and a half. I finally got that cussed glass clean over my Members Only Salon painting/print.

Media Watch: I've seen some bad singing on Dancing with the Stars, but last night was the WORST when Wayne Newton did Danke Schone for his thirty thousandth time. I NEVER liked him anyway, but his voice was terrible -- no pitch, no timbre, no music at all coming from his throat. I hope he was just suffering a bad night, but there are people who spend a lot of money to see his shows, and I feel more sorry for them than I ever did before. Drew Lachet and Cheryl Burke danced well in front of him, but it was still ugly. Earlier in the show, someone sang a Gloria Estafan song very well indeed, while some of the show's professional dancers did an entertaining number. Oh yeah, the boxer was voted off the show after a fairly good performance. He seemed like a nice guy, and he had fast feet, but that was all. He would have gone soon anyway -- I hope the sports team owner is next. Half-nude Edyta finally got her soap-opera partner to move respectably for a change, without relying on her considerable dazzle to save the show. Sabrina, one of Disney Channel's Cheetah Girl's, is by far the best celeb dancer this season. If there is a number two, she's 'way back in the pack. The menfolk are fairly blah this go-round.



(Left) Actor Jane Seymour is a contestant on Dancing with the Stars (AKA Trash A Go Go) this season. She shares the name of one of Henry VIII's queens (Right). The original Jane gave birth to the short-lived Edward VI and supposedly shares Henry's grave. I have OUR Jane escaping from that Late Renaissance mess and time-travelling to Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment