Monday, November 24, 2003

Weather: (Sunday and Monday) Still snowing steadily -- building up all over the valley, not just in my neighborhood. I have to re-stock the suet cages for the birds, and figure out a way of re-hanging the large seed-feeder. The pole it was hanging from fell down in the wind last week.

Wildlife: The areator system that Dale Crosby-Newman installed last summer seems to be keeping a large area in the middle of the lake ice-free, at least while it's above 10 degrees F.
Sunday we had pheasants, magpies, flickers, and doves grazing around the yard. On Monday morning a large Mule Deer shared the road with me outside my driveway. There were no antlers to be seen, but this is the time of year that the males shed them.

Charity Alert: The Child Health Site : Help a Child in Need Lead a Healthy, Active Life

Media Watch: The Senate pre-empted Book Notes on C-SPAN. Unless the Democrats hold firmly, we're in for some ruinous new laws that will further blight our economy.
Football -- the team that won last Monday got slapped around on Sunday. Good thing I like parity in the NFL. Pre-game silliness -- Jillian Barberie's outfit was neither as funny, nor as flattering, as others she's worn. Keeshawn Johnson was much better than I expected as a commentator.
PBS -- Nova presented "Chaco Canyon Mysteries." The Solastice Project surveyed the astronomical alignments in this arid region of New Mexico. Many generations of observation and hard work went into building those Anastazi cities, which were abandoned after about 250 years.

At the College: I'm waiting for my library science lesson, but I think the weather may have an effect on that! Later I'm helping Professor Gerda Reeb set up the annual "Native American Thanksgiving" at the county fairgrounds. Steven Small Salmon and his crew of Kootenay fancy-dancers are coming up from the reservation. Let's all hope the road gangs get some of that ice off the highways!

No comments:

Post a Comment