Thursday, June 17, 2004

Weather: It's gonna be COLD, sez the radio! It was gray and raining this morning. BTW -- one week until the Summer Solastice is complete. Last year, after the rain ceased, the forest fires damn near smoked us out of here.

Wildlife: Mama Duck leads her ducklings under our hanging seed feeder almost every day now. The cats are afraid of big birds, so they don't bother them.

Charity Alert: The Child Health Site : Help a Child in Need Lead a Healthy, Active Life

Media Watch: The beautiful Star Cullars, and her band Enterprise are playing Park City, Utah tonight. Get up outta the valley and get down to some hardcore Funk in the mountains! I sent word to my friends in Salt Lake City, and hope someone I know is gonna go.
Speaking of Funk -- I'm enjoying a downloaded radio show from San Francisco, hosted by DJ Ricky Vincent. A couple of cyber-pals of mine (Ronald "Stozo" Edwards and Gina Hall) were at this broadcast when it was taped, about ten days ago. A couple of P-Funk family/friends did live performances too -- Zootzilla and Ronkat Spearman.
As far as TV goes, we were previewing some new Bollywood DVDs last night.
I'd been listening to the sad depressing news on NPR, and was ready for some cinema escapism.

At The College: When I was testing out the aforementioned CD in my office, a nice older lady from the watercolor class came in to make an appointment. Just as soon as she left, a rather lewd jam by Zootzilla started pouring out of my speakers, and I had to turn them down before someone else came in who might be offended -- like maybe my BOSS.
We're shuffling new equipment around, and sending some of it back -- Snap, Crackle, and Pop belong on a cereal box, not inside a new audio mixer!

No comments:

Post a Comment