Wednesday, November 30, 2005

NEW Web Site: Theater X-Net




Featuring: The illustrated story of Ida Rubinstein
Russian/Judaic Princess of Belle Epoch Parisian Theatre.




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!

Weather: More snow over the ice -- slowww going on the way to work.

Wildlife: Two full-racked bucks were following the Whitetail doe this morning on Buckboard. There was no fighting or anything -- she might be their MOM!

Charity Alert: Click on The Hunger Site -- click to help somebody or something good.

In The Community: The Art Walk is this Friday! We got that 100 Years banner down without a problem yesterday, but the damn window sash which was underneath needs repainting, and it can't happen until the weather is right. Hockaday Museum's Website

Media Watch: Bush was on the radio this morning, speaking from the Naval Academy.
(Following rant was cross-posted on DailyKos.com)
Another excuse to get out of class was almost the first words out of his mouth.
My anger was palpable -- so much so I literally saw red in the gray morning light.
The roads were covered with ice and new-fallen snow in my corner of Montana, so I slowed 'way down, made sure my seat belt was fastened, and turned off my radio in order to save my life.
(King Sunny Ade was playing on my tape machine -- thanks for the mellow vibes when I needed them most.)


Juju Music by King Sunny Ade
and his African Beats from 1982.
Drums and guitars rippling together like sparkling water to my ears.


All my life I wanted to be the kind of person who could face facts, listen, and reserve judgement until the facts were in -- and then further suspend judgement to make sure my facts matched reality before I acted. Anger just cuts my intelligence off at the brain stem.
It seems that the words of the President of the United States should have importance. When they are lies, fabrications, and worse, the consequences are beyond dreadful.
What is still worse is that I don't want to even HEAR someone who's lying to me, and I have to read it later, or slowly take it in via media "filters." (like DailyKos or HuffingtonPost)
There is danger to the independence of my mind in this strategy, but it's better than crashing my car in anger (I didn't) because of the deer herd running in front of me this morning.
Clinton damn near sunk his own credibility by lying about his foolish sexual escapades -- Bush lies about things that concern everybody's health and safety, but DEMANDS that we waste our time paying attention to him, while his henchman loot our treasury.
Until I hear that those 14 supposed permanent bases and super-embassy in Baghdad are no longer part of our country's criminal occupation of Iraq, I refuse to even read his blather.

No comments:

Post a Comment