Wednesday, November 08, 2006

After days of low clouds and rainy weather we are seeing sunshine and cold winds. (This is Montana, dagnabbit!) We have been spared most of the flooding suffered by out neighbors in Washington and Oregon. I transplanted some flowering Pepper plants indoors.

Footbarn's Celebration of Theatre: Theater X-Net




Starring: Ida Rubinstein Belle Epoch Russian/Parisian beauty.
Ida's Places in Paris, from my jet-lagged first day by the Seine.
Read more about Ida in Sisters of Salome by Toni Bentley
Click on Exceptionally Yours to find Footsbarn Theatre




Visit: Michael's Montana Web Archive
Theater, Art, Flash Gordon, Funky Music and MORE!
NEW! Spitfires of the Spaceways
Watch Dale Arden rescue Flash Gordon for a change!

Charity Alert: Keep that resolution as Winter sneaks up on us! Click on The Hunger Site every day.

In The Community: I showed up for live-blogging at the Knead Cafe last night. I'm going out to see my friends the Wheelers tonight, even though Scott wasn't elected. I did the Wheeler for Legislature Website, and I'm proud of it. I am happy to be involved in an overall victorious campaign for Reality-based Politics.

Mercury Watch: Telescopes on the lawn of Flathead Valley Community College -- tracking the transit of Planet Mercury across the face of the Sun. There were some HUGE sunspots on the edge!


The little dot on the lower left is Mercury crossing the Sun, just about as I saw it at 1:30 P.M. today through a heavily-filtered telescope. The big dots on the Solar Equator are sunspots -- over four times the size of our own planet.
NASA Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment